8th March 2011 by Thomas Bidaux
One of the direct consequence from GDC is that we are going to be busy in the foreseeable future and possibly a bit *too* busy (if such a thing could be possible). And it looks like it will be time now to expand the team again and we are now opening a new position in our Brighton office and you can find the full job description here:
Job Description: Junior Media Relations Executive
Who we are: ICO Partners Ltd., a small but fast-growing online games services consultancy and media relations agency based in the southeastern UK. Find out all about us at http://www.icopartners.com.
Who we need: A flexible, autonomous and motivated communications professional with a passion for online video games
Skills and requirements:
● Graduate in public relations, journalism, marketing or related programme
● Minimum 1 year’s experience in a position involving direct contact with the media
● Autonomous, with good organisational and planning skills
● Able to work to short deadlines and under pressure
● Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
● Sound judgement in dealing with media
● Ability to work with and analyse data
● Self-motivation and sense of initiative
● Strong business acumen
● Native in either German, Spanish or Polish
● Fluent in English
● Interest and knowledge of online games is a plus
● Skills and experience in online marketing is a strong plus
● Managing relationships with journalists in one or several European territories
● Writing of Press Releases and Media Alerts
● Developing and updating media lists and contact databases
● Participating in daily media relations tasks, including collection and analysis of press coverage, reporting, organization of events, working with related service providers to support projects, etc.
● Assisting with market research projects
● Participating in product testing as required
Remuneration : To be discussed with the candidate, based on experience
You can also download the pdf version.
You are free to spread the word around you as well!
28th September 2010 by Thomas Bidaux
We’re always looking to improve our reach within Europe, so our ideal candidate for this role is someone from one of the Scandinavian countries, with existing ties to games media in their region.
19th January 2009 by Thomas Bidaux
Nowadays, with many studios and publishers currently laying off quite a scary number of people, we ran into an initiative that we find laudable, even if related to unfortunate news for many.
Vivendi Games Europe is currently in the process of reorganising its activities following the merger with Activision and a number of people were made redundant. A part of the team went to the direction and asked to actually create a dedicated website listing the persons currently looking for a job. Read the rest of this entry »